Can’t decide if you want to chop off half your hair? Hairstyle inspiration pictures. Try the faux undercut side braid to sample the look without the commitment of having to shave the side of your head. Stylish and pretty new hairstyles.
Your old boring bobby pins are dull and lame. Spice em up at home with just your nail polish collection. Just clip them to the edge of some sturdy paper or cardboard and go to town making whatever designs you like. Instead of making them all different I’d suggest making a few of each color scheme or design so you can use a few matching ones at the same time. You can even try painting them with a touch of glue and adding sparkles.. but that gets really messy, better off getting some cool glitter nail polish and not worry about craft supply herpies (glitter the craft that stays with you forever, lol).
Cleaning Your Hair Straightener
Doesn’t look dirty? Well it probably is anyway! Many people use a hair protector spray or other products like hair straightening serum when straightening their hair so although it may not look dirty, there very well may be some build-up in the plates of your straightener that need to be occasionally cleaned. It’s easy to do and doesn’t take much time. This will help make it last longer too and perform at its best. Your hair straightener probably came with its own cleaning instructions that you threw out as soon as you opened the box, but no worries, cleaning it is usually as easy as 1 – 2 – 3:
1. Make sure your straightener is turned off and completely cooled.
2. Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe the plates and dry with another clean cloth.
3. Don’t forget to check the edges of your plates as there is probably build-up there as well. (Do not use anything sharp that could scratch or wear the plates)
Tip: To keep from accumulating product on the plates of your hair straightener, simply wipe it down after each use.
Hair loss experts have discovered that people have excellent hair growing results by following a diet that is balanced between fruits, vegetables, and low fat protein. Many other hair care experts recommend this as very helpful for hair care concerns.
Other basic hair health tips are:
1. Avoid or reduce smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.
2. Establish a healthy diet. Reduce the intake of foods that are high in sugar or fat.
3. Drink lot of water, which helps in intoxication of wastes from the body.
4. How would you treat your hair if it was a fine thread of silk? Treat it similarly avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or rough handling.
5. Try to avoid using very hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.
6. If possible, go for a weekly scalp massage which helps in root stimulation to the hair follicles and helps to maintain the hair consistency too.
7. Follow a series of hot oil treatments to protect the hair’s shaft.
8. Trim your hair regularly to avoid hair breakage, to eliminate split ends and to have a healthier look and feel of your hair.
9. Get plenty of sleep to allow your body to grow hair. Another secret hair helper is rest and sleep. It has been discovered that to grow faster, hair needs an adequate amount of sleep (somewhere around 7-9 hours are suggested). Try following the above tips seriously, and you will see the difference.
Hair Growth Blockers
Excessive stress and heavy medications are overwhelmingly known to impede hair growth. But if you have a medical condition where your physician has prescribed medications, it is essential that you follow your doctor’s instructions regardless of the impact to your hair.
Warning: If you are planning to take any new type of vitamin, mineral program or herbal program, do consult your doctor BEFORE you try them to make sure it does not interfere with the medical treatment you may currently be on.
However, if you are under severe stress it is helpful to reduce the stress as much as possible. Consider meditation, yoga or relaxation as a way to cut down on any major stress in your life. Your hair will thank you for it.
Healthy Food Healthy Hair, basically everything you put into your body affects you hair. Eat healthily and your hair will look and feel much nicer. …duh.
How to clean your hair straightener
Cleaning your flat iron will help keep your iron working at it’s best by removing any caked on build up from hair products. ALWAYS make sure that before cleaning your hair straightener that it is turned off and cool.
With a soft, dry, clean cloth gently wipe down the plates of your flat iron. Never use anything sharp to clean the edges of the plates as this will scratch the plates. If there is build up in the creases cover your fingernail with the cloth or use a dry cotton swab to get into the smaller sections of the iron.
Storage of your Flat Iron
When you are done using your hair iron always be sure it is unplugged and let it cool before storing it anywhere. Do not wrap the cord around the iron, instead, loop the cord together and secure with a twist tie or elastic. If you are traveling and taking your flat iron with you always be sure to let it completely cool down before putting it any type of carrying case or bag.
Honey Hair Conditioner Recipe
– 1 teaspoon pure liquid honey
– 250ml warm water
– 1 dash of fruit vinegar
(Ingredient amounts are for semi-long hair)
– Dissolve 1 teaspoon liquid honey in 250ml of warm water.
– Once the honey is completely dissolved ad to it the splash of fruit vinegar.
– Massage the honey-firming mud gently into the scalp and hair.
– The honey-hair-rinse will give your hair a beautiful shine, good grip and a lot of health.
– The vinegar makes hair easier to comb.
DIY Hair conditioner recipe.
Walnut Oil Hair Mask
Effect: Glossy & supple hair
– 50ml of soybean oil
– 50ml olive oil
– 50ml walnut oil
– Rub oil mixture into wet or dry hair and leave it to soak for 30 min longer (the longer the better). A pre-warmed towel over your hair will keep you from getting oil everywhere.
– Rinse thoroughly.
– Do not use shampoo, conditioner or other products for rinsing.
– Dry and style normally.
Tip: repeat process every 2 weeks for continuing shine and healthy hair.